Dissertation with Placement (Global Studies) (003L7)
45 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
This module is designed to allow you to apply theories and concepts, as well as practical and research skills learned during the MA programme, to a work context in the UK or internationally. It takes the form of a 12-week work placement with an organisation working in a field relevant to the degree programme, normally undertaken from May-July after assessments on other courses are completed.
100%: Written assessment (Dissertation)
Contact hours and workload
We’re currently reviewing contact hours for modules and will update with further information as soon as it is available.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Africa and Development MA
- Anthropology of Development and Social Transformation MA
- Climate Change, Development and Policy MSc
- Conflict, Security and Development MA
- Environment, Development and Policy MA
- Food and Development MA
- Gender, Violence and Conflict MA
- Geopolitics and International Affairs MA
- Global Political Economy MA
- Human Rights MA
- International Relations MA
- International Security MA
- Migration Studies MA
- Migration and Global Development MA
- Social Anthropology MA
- Social Development MA