Article 26 Scholarship (2023)
What you get
- Full international tuition fee waiver
- £11,500 maintenance per year of undergraduate study (up to 4 years)
- Sussexsport membership
Type of award
Full tuition fee waiver and maintenance award
This scholarship is offered to forced migrants or applicants granted a temporary form of leave only, to provide financial assistance in order to enable them to take up a place on a degree at the University of Sussex. Therefore applicants will be required to provide evidence of this in order to apply.
- Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have received an offer of a place to study an undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex. Foundation, Year 1 or Year 2 applicants can apply. You must also:
- Have submitted, or are the dependent of someone who has submitted, an application to the UK Home Office for recognition as a Refugee; or
- Have been granted temporary form of leave to remain in the UK as a result of an asylum application (e.g. limited leave to remain, humanitarian protection) and not be eligible for funding from Student Finance England; or
- Be a partner/child of an asylum seeker or an unaccompanied asylum-seeking child; and
- Have a household income of under £25,000; and
- Be unable to access UK government student financial support because of your current immigration status
- Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are applying for a Degree at a university that is not at the University of Sussex
- Are progressing into the final year of a degree at Sussex
- Are studying an online course
- Are studying one of the Excluded courses listed below.
- Excluded courses
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following:
- Certificates and Diplomas (including PGCE)
- Courses at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS)
- Degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- Online courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
Number of scholarships available
Two undergraduate scholarships and one Masters scholarship
Deadline15 May 2023 23:59
How to apply
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you will firstly need to have an offer of a place on a course at Sussex. Unless your application to Sussex requires an interview (for instance, Social Work applicants), as we can consider applicants for the scholarship if they have a pending interview.
Once you have secured a place or interview at Sussex, please submit a scholarship application online:
I sincerely thank the University and the Sussex alumni community for supporting and recognising me in this way. My Article 26 Scholarship was the light at the end of a very dark tunnel” Adarsh Ramdawor
Law with International Relations, 2021
The Article 26 Scholarship is funded in part by the Sussex Fund, thanks to generous donations from alumni and friends.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for this scholarship or need any further information, please email email@example.com.
Information and support for forced migrants/refugee students can be found on our University of Sanctuary page.
You might also be interested in
All applicants will receive a decision by 9 June 2023.
15 May 2023 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from these specific countries: