Chancellor's International Scholarships (2022)
What you get
£5,000 per year of full time study
Type of award
- Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes
- Have received an offer of a place to study a full time Bachelors degree at Sussex in 2022
- Be self-financing
- Have excellent academic grades (see 'Qualifications advice' for indication of minimum grades required)
- Qualifications advice
Qualification/Country Minimum grades required to apply for the scholarship
Ontario secondary School Diploma with an overall average of 80% from 6 grade 12 4U or 4M courses
Overall average of 85%
1 year of University study with excellent grades
A 2 year bachelor degree in Division I
Titulo de Bachillerato 8.5 overall average
Lise Diplomasi/Bitirme with at least 85% in the final year (4.5/5)
- Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are applying for a course in the School of Business
- Are applying for a course in the School of Engineering and Informatics
- Are applying for a Bachelors at a university that is not at the University of Sussex
- Are progressing into the final year of an integrated Masters at Sussex
- Already hold another University of Sussex scholarship
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following:
- Degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Postgraduate diplomas
Number of scholarships available
Up to 100
Deadline1 August 2022 23:59
How to apply
To be considered for the Chancellor's International Scholarship, you need to have received an offer of a place on an eligible course at Sussex. Offer holders will be sent a link to the scholarship application form online, after receiving an offer to study at Sussex.
The successful applicant will need to ensure they have made plans or raised sufficient funds to cover the remaining tuition fee and costs of living, for the duration of their degree. For guidance about estimated living costs at Sussex and information about budgeting, please see our website.
This is not available for applicants to the University of Sussex Business School or School of Engineering & Informatics, as there are School-specific Chancellors Scholarships available that you can apply for.
You might also be interested in
- Information for International Applicants
- How to apply for an undergraduate degree
- Virtual campus tours
Applications are assessed and scholarships allocated on a rolling basis. The final deadline to apply is 1 August, however, as all scholarships may have been assigned by then, you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
Updated 1 December 2021: 10% of scholarships have now been allocated.
Terms and conditions
It is only possible to receive one Sussex funded scholarship. Scholarships are not available during placement years.
1 August 2022 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from these specific countries: