Mrs Emily O Akinluyi Scholarship (2021)
Type of award
The scholarship is awarded as a £5,000 cash payment, paid over the length of your course. The instalment amount will depend on whether you are studying a 3 year course or a 4 year course.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a female Undergraduate student studying in your first year at the University of Sussex
- be a UK national
- be registered in either the University of Sussex Business School, the School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences or the School of Engineering & Informatics.
- Your family income must be verified by the Student Loans Company as being under £25,000 per year.
Priority will be given to BAME students
Number of scholarships available
Deadline1 November 2021 23:59 (GMT)
How to apply
Eligible applicants will be contacted by the Scholarships Office with an invitation to apply.
Applicants will be asked to submit a personal statement, of no more than 500 words. Your personal statement will be assessed on the following:
- Career aspirations and how these are linked to your Undergraduate degree
- Leadership experience in either a professional capacity or through extra-curricular activities
- Any involvement in either voluntary or community projects
Eligible applicants should apply by sending their statement to email@example.com
Being a female mature student with mental health issues and having no financial support meant that going to university was a huge challenge for me. I was on my own and not sure if I would succeed or even if I should be there! When I was awarded the Emily O'Akinluyi Scholarship it gave me much more confidence and made me feel like I wasn't alone. It was as if I had someone in my corner rooting for me to succeed.VICTORIA NEEDHAM
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE BSC STUDENT
This scholarship is funded by Sussex alum, Emily O Akinluyi.
You might also be interested in
1 November 2021 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from the following country: