Undergraduate Enrichment Award (2021)
The Undergraduate Enrichment Award is funded by an alumnus of the University of Sussex, Dr Stylianos Pateromichelakis (1967-1978). The award is made to a student studying in Year One, who has achieved good results before taking up a place at Sussex and comes from a low-income household.
The purpose of the award is to enrich the recipient's student experience at Sussex. The award is available to be spent on any activity which they otherwise may not be able to participate in, whether it be academic, social or cultural experiences.
Type of award
£6,000 paid in instalments over the course of the Bachelors degree.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be registered on Year 1 of an undergraduate course at the University of Sussex
- Achieved at least BBB at A-Level or equivalent qualification
- Have a verified household income of £25,000 or less
- aged between 18 and 24 on 14th September 2020
Number of scholarships available
Deadline31 January 2021 23:59 (GMT)
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a personal statement to apply for the award. Your personal statement will be assessed on the following:
- Plans for your time at Sussex
- Aspirations after you finish your course
- How the award of the scholarship would enhance your studies at Sussex
Eligible applicants should apply by sending their statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Stylianos Pateromichelakis, University of Sussex alumnus 1967-1978.
The scholarship is paid in instalments with £1,000 being issued in the first year and the remaining funds being distributed each year, the amount depending on the duration of the course.
31 January 2021 23:59 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from the following country: