Article 26 Scholarship (2021)
Type of award
Full tuition fee waiver and maintenance award
- Full international tuition fee waiver
- £11,500 maintenance per year of undergraduate study (up to 4 years)
- Sussexsport membership
This scholarship is offered to forced migrants or applicants granted a temporary form of leave, to provide financial assistance in order to enable them to take up a place on an undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex. Therefore applicants will be required to provide evidence of this in order to apply.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, you must have received an offer of a place to study an undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex in 2021. Foundation, Year 1 or Year 2 applicants can apply.
You must also:
- Have submitted, or are the dependent of someone who has submitted, an application to the UK Home Office for recognition as a Refugee; or
- Have been granted temporary form of leave to remain in the UK as a result of an asylum application (e.g. limited leave to remain, humanitarian protection) and not be eligible for funding from Student Finance England; or
- Be a partner/child of an asylum seeker or an unaccompanied asylum-seeking child; and
- Have a household income of under £25,000; and
- Be unable to access UK government student financial support because of their current immigration status
Preference will be given to applicants that have not previously obtained a Bachelors degree.
The successful applicant will need to ensure they have made plans or raised sufficient funds to cover any remaining costs of living not covered by the maintenance portion of the scholarship, for the duration of their degree. For guidance about estimated living costs at Sussex and information about budgeting, please see our website.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following:
- Courses delivered at BSMS (Brighton and Sussex Medical School)
- Postgraduate diplomas
- PGCE courses
Number of scholarships available
Two undergraduate scholarships and one Masters scholarship
Deadline25 April 2021 0:00 (GMT)
How to apply
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you will firstly need to have an offer of a place on a course at Sussex. Unless your application to Sussex requires an interview (for instance, Social Work applicants), as we can consider applicants for the scholarship if they have a pending interview.
Once you have secured a place or interview at Sussex, please submit a scholarship application online:
The Article 26 Scholarship is funded in part by the Sussex Fund, thanks to generous donations from alumni and friends.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for this scholarship or need any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also be interested in
All applicants will receive a decision in May 2021.
25 April 2021 0:00 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from these specific countries: