China Scholarship Council (CSC) / University of Sussex Joint Scholarships (2021)
Type of award
Sussex will cover full tuition fees / bench fees, CSC will provide a living allowance
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the award:
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set by the CSC
- Applicants must commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom in September 2021 or January 2022.
- Applicants must be citizens of the People's Republic of China at the time of application, and either permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Applicants must be classified as an international fee paying Chinese student
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies
- Applicants must meet the University's English Language Requirements
- Arts, humanities and social sciences applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2021 or January 2022, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and a masters degree.
Science and engineering applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2021 or January 2022, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and preferably a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a masters degree.
Please note that:
- Current 1st year Chinese Sussex PhD students are eligible to apply
- 1+ 3 Chinese Sussex students who are in their '1' year of their studies (Masters year) are eligible to apply
- Visiting PhD students can apply for a maximum of 12 months
Number of scholarships available
up to 10
Deadline8 February 2021 0:00 (GMT)
How to apply
Applicants will need to complete the online Sussex PhD application form https://www.sussex.ac.uk/pgapplication/ and email a China Scholarship Form firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 8 February 2021.
If you have any queries regarding the scholarship then please email email@example.com
To secure the Sussex funding, applicants must have both an offer of a PhD place from Sussex and scholarship funding awarded by the China Scholarship Council.
- Information for students and researchers from China
- China Scholarship Council application information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries
Monday 8 February 2021 - Deadline to apply for a CSC / University of Sussex scholarship
Applicants will be notified regarding the outcome of their scholarship application in late February/early March
10 March to 31 March 2021 - China Scholarship Council applcations portal open for applications
Mid May 2021 - CSC announce outcome of applications
You can apply to Sussex after February 8th, but we may not have time to consider your application before the CSC competition opens.
8 February 2021 0:00 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
China Scholarship 2021 (28.88KB)
The award is available to people from the following country: