China Scholarship Council (CSC) / University of Sussex Joint Scholarships 2023 (2023)
What you get
Sussex will cover full tuition fees / bench fees, CSC will provide a living allowance
Type of award
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the award:
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set by the CSC
- Applicants must commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom in September 2023 or January 2024.
- Applicants must be citizens of the People's Republic of China at the time of application, and either permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Applicants must be classified as an international fee paying Chinese student
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies
- Applicants must meet the University's English Language Requirements which are higher for Arts and Humanities subjects. (Candidates with a PhD offer that is conditional on obtaining English language qualifications are not considered eligible for an award by CSC, wheras candidates with conditional offers dependent on UG or Master's results are eligible to apply for the scholarship.)
- Arts, humanities and social sciences applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2023 or January 2024, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and a masters degree.
Science and engineering applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2023 or January 2024, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and preferably a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a masters degree.
Please note that:
- Current 1st year Chinese Sussex PhD students are eligible to apply
- 1+ 3 Chinese Sussex students who are in their '1' year of their studies (Masters year) are eligible to apply
- Visiting PhD students can apply for a maximum of 12 months
Number of scholarships available
5 - 10
Deadline7 February 2023 23:00
How to apply
Please note that from 23rd January 2023 the form has been amended to improve access to prospective students in China but any information that has already been submitted does not need to be re-submitted.
If you have any queries regarding the scholarship then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To secure the Sussex funding, applicants must have both an offer of a PhD place from Sussex and scholarship funding awarded by the China Scholarship Council.
- Information for students and researchers from China
- China Scholarship Council application information
Please email email@example.com if you have any queries
Monday 7 February 2023 - Deadline to apply for a PhD place at Sussex
Applicants will be notified regarding the outcome of their scholarship application in late February/early March
March 2023 - China Scholarship Council applcations portal open for applications
Mid May 2023 - CSC announce outcome of applications
You can apply to Sussex after 7 February 2023, but we may not have time to consider your application before the CSC competition opens.
7 February 2023 23:00 (GMT)
The award is available to people from the following country: