Climate Leaders Scholarship (2022)
What you get
£3,000 cash per year of full time study
Successful applicants are also provided with mentoring support and invited to co-organise an annual event to engage and educate students and the wider community in tackling the climate crisis.
Type of award
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be a UK student classified as 'Home' for fees and have accepted a place on an eligible Undergraduate, Masters or PhD, commencing in September 2022
- be able to demonstrate their personal track record of being an environmental influencer and bringing about real world change in relation to the climate crisis
- be able to commit to collaboration with the University and local community to encourage pledges to net zero and tackling the climate crisis
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following:
- Certificates and Diplomas (including PGCE)
- Courses at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher status)
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- Online courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. ESRC 1+3 funding)
Number of scholarships available
At least 5
Deadline1 August 2022 23:59
How to apply
Submit a scholarship application after receiving and accepting an offer of a place on a course at Sussex, applicants can be from any discipline. Applications will be assessed on evidence of climate leadership.
Applicants will be required to provide a reference with their scholarship application. As part of the selection process, it may be necessary to attend an interview.
You might also be interested in
- Sustainability strategy at Sussex
- How to apply for an undergraduate degree
- How to apply for a Masters
The cash award is paid in 3 termly installments per year, in October, January and May. This is for each year of full time study and is not available for placement years. Part time recipients will receive the award in £500 installments across the duration of the course.
Terms and conditions
Any offer of a scholarship is subject to terms and conditions, detailed in the formal offer letter, which will need to be accepted when accepting the scholarship.
At least 2 scholarships will be awarded to UG applicants and another 2 to Masters applicants.
UG, PG (taught), PG (research)
1 August 2022 23:59 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from the following country: