Sussex GREAT Scholarship Ghana (2023)
What you get
Type of award
- Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have received and accepted an offer of a place to study an eligible Masters degree at the University of Sussex. You must also:
- be a citizen of Ghana
- have excellent grades
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course
- be prepared to attend networking events as part of the GREAT scholarships programme, sharing your experiences, ambitions on how you and your home country can benefit from your UK study
Priority will be given to those who have accepted an offer to study in the School of Law, Politics and Sociology.
- Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are applying for a Masters at a university that is not at the University of Sussex
- Are progressing into the final year of an integrated Masters at Sussex
- Are studying an online course
- Are studying one of the Excluded courses listed below
- Excluded courses
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher Status) MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
As this scholarship is partly funded by the University of Sussex, it is not possible to combine this with other Sussex scholarships (e.g. Chancellor's International Scholarship).
Number of scholarships available
Deadline15 May 2023 23:59
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.
Funded with support from the British Council.
You might also be interested in
Applications that meet the required criteria will be referred to the scholarship panel for a decision, after the deadline. The Scholarships Office will contact all applicants when a final decision has been made. All applicants should receive a final decision by 1 July.
The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction when you register in September. The scholarship information will also be add to your CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) for your visa application. Applicants must be able to fund the remainder of their tuition fee and cover their living expenses for the duration of the course.
15 May 2023 23:59 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from the following country: