Global Studies Scholarships for Black and Minority Ethnic Students (2023)
What you get
Type of award
Tuition Fee Waiver
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants need to be UK students classified as 'Home' for fees.
The scholarship is for Black and minority ethnic applicants*, this information will be verified using the Masters application and is separate from the academic assessment of the scholarship application.
Scholarship applicants need to have accepted an offer of a place on one of the following courses in the School of Global Studies:
- Anthropology of Development and Social Transformation MA
- Climate Change, Development and Policy MSc
- Conflict, Security and Development MA
- Environment, Development and Policy MA
- Food and Development MA
- Gender, Violence and Conflict MA
- Geopolitics and International Affairs MA
- Human Rights MA
- International Political Economy MA
- International Relations MA
- International Security MA
- Migration and Global Development MA
- Migration Studies MA
- Social Anthropology MA
- Social Development MA
- Social Research Methods MSc
*Black and minority ethnic includes: Black African; Black Caribbean; Black Other; Mixed – White and Black Caribbean; Mixed – White and Black African; or Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other), Asian; Mixed- Asian and White, or Other mixed background, Any other Mixed or Multiple ethnic background, Gypsy or Irish Traveller.
Applicants are not eligible for this scholarship if they are going to study any of the following:
- Certificates and Diplomas (including PGCE)
- Development Studies MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Online courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. ESRC 1+3 funding)
Number of scholarships available
Deadline1 July 2023 23:59
How to apply
Apply for the scholarship after accepting an offer of a place on an eligible course. Applicants are required to provide a personal statement, this will be assessed on the following:
- Examples of your previous academic achievements.
- Why have you chosen this course at the University of Sussex?
- How this scholarship will make a difference to your ability to undertake this course
You might also be interested in
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome of the application after the application deadline. It is not possible to consider late applications.
Terms and conditions
Sussex graduates can combine this scholarship with the Sussex Graduate Scholarship or Sussex Alumni Award.
1 July 2023 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from the following country: