Friends of the University of Sussex Scholarship (2023)
This scholarship is offered to an applicant from the USA, taking up a place to study a full time Masters degree at Sussex in September 2023.
What you get
Equivalent of $10,000
Type of award
- Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes
- Be taking up a place on a full time Masters degree, starting September 2023
- Be a US national or provide proof of residency
- Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are applying for a Masters at a university that is not at the University of Sussex
- Are progressing into the final year of an integrated Masters at Sussex
- Are studying an online course
- Are studying one of the Excluded courses listed below.
- Excluded courses
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following:
- Certificates and Diplomas (including PGCE)
- Courses at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher status)
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- Online courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. ESRC 1+3 funding)
Number of scholarships available
Deadline1 June 2023 23:59
How to apply
Apply for the scholarship when you have received and accepted an offer of a place on a Masters at Sussex.
I was drawn to (Media Practice for Development & Social Change) at Sussex because my experience working in newspapers during and after university, combined with my professional and life experiences in Europe, has led me to understand that I’d like to be more politically and socially active with my media work” Stephanie Habib
Friends of the University of Sussex Scholarship 2020
This scholarship is made possible thanks to the generosity of our North American alumni and the Friends of the University of Sussex.
You might also be interested in
The scholarship is paid as cash in three equal installments, when the successful applicant registers on their Masters at Sussex.
1 June 2023 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from the following country: