Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program for Japanese Nationals (2022)
What you get
Full tuition fee waiver, monthly living stipend, air fare, and medical insurance.
Type of award
- Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a Japanese National
- have accepted a full time offer of a place on an eligible course to start in September 2022 (see list of Eligible courses below)
- hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree, earned at least 3 years prior to the application deadline date
- have at least 3 years of recent, full-time, paid employment acquired after receiving the first Bachelor (or equivalent) degree
- Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- are an Executive Director or alternate, staff, consultant of the World Bank Group or close relative or in-law of the aforementioned at the time of the application
- Are employed by the Government of Japan or its related agencies at the time of application
- have received any scholarship funds from the Government of Japan for graduate studies
- Eligible courses
Applications will only be considered for the following Masters:
- MA Climate Change, Development and Policy
- MA Environment, Development and Policy
- MA Food and Development
- MA Migration and Global Development
Number of scholarships available
Deadline8 April 2022 12:00
How to apply
Apply online directly to The World Bank: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/japanese-nationals
The application guidelines, complete list of eligibility criteria, online application form and list of required documents are available at World Bank Scholarships Program.
The World Bank works in every major area of development, providing an array of financial producs and technical assistance, to help countries share and apply innovative knowledge and solutions to the challenges they face.
For further information please visit the Scholarships Program website: World Bank Scholarships Program
You might also be interested in
All successful applicants will hear from the JJ/WBGSP by 15 July 2022.
8 April 2022 12:00 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from the following country: