Sussex GREAT Scholarship Mexico (2022)
What you get
Type of award
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of Mexico
- have accomplished an undergraduate degree in Mexico
- have received and accepted an offer on an eligible Masters at Sussex
- have excellent grades
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course
- be prepared to attend networking events as part of the GREAT scholarships programme, sharing your experiences, ambitions on how you and your home country can benefit from your UK study.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher Status) MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Number of scholarships available
Deadline15 May 2022 23:59
How to apply
To be considered for the Sussex – GREAT Scholarship (Mexico), you need to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible Masters at Sussex. To apply for the scholarship, you will be required to provide a statement of academic interests. You should include information about:
- your drive and ambition
- your potential for positive impact when you return to your home country
- any relevant work experience , skills or extra-curricular activty that relate to your ambitions and/or chosen course
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate excellent grades in your most recent qualification. You do not need to have completed your qualification, however, as we can make conditional scholarship offers.
Funded with support from the British Council.
You might also be interested in
Applications that meet the required criteria will be referred to the scholarship panel for a decision, after the deadline. The Scholarships Office will contact all applicants when a final decision has been made. All applicants should receive a final decision by 1 July.
The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction when you register in September. The scholarship information will also be add to your CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) for your visa application. Applicants must be able to fund the remainder of their tuition fee and cover their living expenses for the duration of the course.
Terms and conditions
As this is partially funded by the University of Sussex, it is not possible to combine this with other Sussex scholarships (e.g. Chancellors International Scholarship). Applicants can apply for multiple scholarships but it is only possible to receive one, normally the highest value award.
15 May 2022 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from the following country: