Chancellors International and EU Scholarships (2021)
Type of award
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes
- Be taking up a place on a full time Masters degree at Sussex
- Be self-financing
- Have excellent academic grades
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are applying for a course in the University of Sussex Business School
- Are applying for a course in the School of Engineering and Informatics
- Are applying for a Masters at a university that is not at the University of Sussex
- Are progressing into the final year of an integrated Masters at Sussex
- Already hold another University of Sussex scholarship (i.e Chancellors Masters Scholarship)
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following:
- Postgraduate diplomas
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher status)
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. ESRC 1+3 funding)
Number of scholarships available
Deadline1 August 2021 0:00 (GMT)
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship are now closed, it is not possible to consider late applications. The Scholarships Office will contact all eligible applicants with the outcome of their scholarship application.
To be considered for the Chancellors International and EU Scholarship, you need to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible course at Sussex. Please complete the separate scholarship application form online, after you have received an offer to study at Sussex.
The successful applicant will need to ensure they have made plans or raised sufficient funds to cover the remaining tuition fee and costs of living, for the duration of their degree. For guidance about estimated living costs at Sussex and information about budgeting, please see our website.
This is not available for applicants to the University of Sussex Business School or School of Engineering & Informatics, as there are School-specific Chancellors Scholarships available that you can apply for.
You might also be interested in
- How to apply for a Masters
- Information for International Applicants
- Chancellors International and EU Business Scholarship
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, with the first allocation to be made in February 2021. If your application is not successful but considered as a reserve, it will be automatically considered in the following allocations.
The final deadline to apply is 1 August, however, as all scholarships may have been assigned by then, you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
80% of awards have now been allocated. Updated 1 July 2021
1 August 2021 0:00 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from these specific countries: