Sussex GREAT Scholarship Thailand (2020)
What you get
Type of award
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of Thailand
- have accomplished an undergraduate degree in Thailand
- have received and accepted an offer on an eligible Masters by 15th May 2020·
- have excellent grades
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course
- be prepared to attend networking events as part of the GREAT scholarships programme, sharing your experiences, ambitions on how you and your home country can benefit from your UK study.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher Status) MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Number of scholarships available
Deadline15 May 2020 23:59
How to apply
To be considered for the Sussex – GREAT Scholarship (Thailand), you need to have received and accepted an offer of a place on an eligible Masters at Sussex. There is guidance about how to apply for a Masters on our website.
To apply for the scholarship, you are required to provide a statement of academic interests. You should include information about:
- your drive and ambition
- your potential for positive impact when you return to your home country
- any relevant work experience , skills or extra-curricular activty that relate to your ambitions and/or chosen course
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate excellent grades in your most recent qualification. You do not need to have completed your qualification, however, as we can make conditional scholarship offers.
Applied Linguistics MA
The British Council
You might also be interested in
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 15 May 2020 23:59 (GMT)
Applications that meet the required criteria will be referred to the scholarship panel for a decision, after the deadline. The Scholarships Office will contact all applicants when a final decision has been made. All applicants should receive a final decision by 1 July.
The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction when you register in September. The scholarship information will also be add to your CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) for your visa application. Applicants must be able to fund the remainder of their tuition fee and cover their living expenses for the duration of the course.
15 May 2020 23:59 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from the following country: