Sussex Graduate Scholarship (2020)
Type of award
Tuition fee reduction
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be graduating from a Bachelors Degree at Sussex in 2020
- be taking up a place on a full time Masters in the 2020/21 academic year (check the 'Who isn't eligible' tab for excluded courses)
- achieve a First Class or Upper Second Class honours degree
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are applying for a Masters at a university that is not the University of Sussex
- Studied at a University of Sussex partner college (such as BIMM)
- Are progressing into the final year of an integrated Masters at Sussex
- Already have another Sussex scholarship (i.e. Chancellors International Scholarship)
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher Status) MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding)
Number of scholarships available
Deadline31 January 2021 23:59 (GMT)
How to apply
Register your interest in this scholarship through our postgraduate application system when you accept your offer, before you register on your Masters. There is no separate scholarship application form. You will only be able to accept one University of Sussex scholarship at a time. No confirmation will be sent, as the scholarship is awarded automatically to all eligible applicants.
International students with an offer to study in the University of Sussex Business School will be able to combine this award with the Business School International Masters Award.
Sussex graduates progressing to a Masters in 2020/21 with a Lower Second Class degree will receive the Sussex Graduate Award.
You might also be interested in
Scholarship recipients will see confirmation of the scholarship when they register for their Masters online. For international recipients that require a visa to study in the UK, the scholarship amount will be included in the CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Study).
The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction when you register on your chosen Masters, no payments are made after this. If a scholarship recipient changes to part time study or temporarily withdraws, they forfeit the scholarship and will be liable for full fees.
31 January 2021 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from these specific countries: