Corporate and International Finance (N1563)
15 credits, Level 5
During this module you:
- learn the important ideas and analytical tools used in corporate financial decision making
- explore the challenges of implementing these ideas and tools through reading corporate finance literature and events in the financial press.
- the nature of financial decision making
- interest rates
- investment decision rules
- capital budgeting
- valuing stocks
- capital markets and the pricing of risk.
25%: Coursework (Test)
75%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 35 hours of contact time and 115 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.