Electronic Devices and Circuit Prototyping (H6099)
15 credits, Level 4
Your studies in this module include:
- semiconductor devices - diodes, junction transistors, field-effect transistors (FETs)
- simple circuit applications - rectifiers and amplifiers
- component specifications and selection
- use of data sheets and applications notes
- production of circuit diagrams
- circuit simulation
- circuit prototyping
- development and testing
- printed circuit board (PCB) production
- final construction and testing
- project team management
- recording of work
- technical report writing.
45%: Practical (Laboratory, Practical)
50%: Coursework (Report)
50%: Written assessment (Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 117 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.