Complex Analysis (G5110)
15 credits, Level 5
In this module, the topics you will cover will include:
- holomorphic functions, Cauchy's theorem and its consequences
- power series, integration, differentiation and analysis of convergence
- Taylor expansions and circle of convergence
- Laurent expansions and classification of isolated singularities
- residue theorem and evaluation of integrals
- Rouche's theorem and the fundamental theorem of algebra.
21%: Practical (Workshop)
20%: Coursework (Problem Set, Test)
80%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 42 hours of contact time and 108 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.