Analysis 1 (G5085)
15 credits, Level 4
In this module, the topics you will cover will include:
- Sequences; convergence, Cauchy sequences, subsequences
- Series; proof and application of convergence/divergence criteria
- Limits of functions; definitions, examples and properties
- Continuity; intermediate value theorem, uniform continuity
- Differentiability; definition, proofs of mean value theorems.
21%: Practical (Workshop)
20%: Coursework (Problem Set, Test)
80%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 42 hours of contact time and 108 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.