Linear Statistical Models (G1107)
15 credits, Level 6
- full-rank model (multiple and polynomial regression), estimation of parameters, analysis of variance and covariance
- model checking
- comparing models, model selection
- transformation of response and regressor variables
- models of less than full rank (experimental design), analysis of variance, hypothesis testing, contrasts
- simple examples of experimental designs, introduction to factorial experiments
- use of a computer statistical package to analyse real data sets.
20%: Coursework (Report, Test)
80%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 117 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.