Marketing Analysis and Financial Strategic Planning (863H1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
This module will cover:
- developing marketing strategy, market planning and control
- marketing research
- behavioural concepts, marketing decision making
- marketing communication and sales strategy
- environmental consideration
- marketing ethics
- legal control and European/International influences costs of funds
- source of funds
- capital structures and CAPM
- business expansion
- working capital management including cash management
- dividends and dividend decisions
- corporate planning and financial control
- investment appraisal
- the stock exchange and its efficiency
- preparing a project and being able to persuade company managers of how marketing and financial planning assist strategic decisions.
50%: Coursework (Portfolio)
50%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 44 hours of contact time and 106 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.