Real Time Embedded Systems (829H1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
The module covers:
- microcontroller-based real-time systems
- architectures and structures
- task structures and synchronisation
- real-time, deterministic applications
- multitasking management
- communications between tasks
- examples of 8-bit and 16-bit controllers
- examples and case study of CAN/FlexRay/TTP.
100%: Practical (Laboratory)
100%: Coursework (Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 30 hours of contact time and 120 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.