The University boasts an active alumni community in the United States with links with more than 10,000 former students. Keep up to date with what is going on at the University, renew links with friends from the past, find out about events taking place in cities across the US, and help make positive changes for our future through supporting a University that is improving lives world-wide.
About the Friends of the University of Sussex
The Friends of the University of Sussex was established as a registered 501(c)(3) in November 1996 and is run by a board of volunteers. The organization supports the University of Sussex in its development aims of raising funds for institutional priorities, in particular scholarships for students from the US and research areas of strength.
The objectives of the American Friends are to:
- create networks between US alumni, friends, students and parents within the US and with the University of Sussex
- support the Strategic Plan for the University - recruit American students and create academic ties within the US
- support Sussex in its development aims of raising funds for the University and American Alumni scholarships
- award scholarships to support American students.
The American Friends works in collaboration with the Development and Alumni Relations Office at the University of Sussex. While the American Friends do not currently have a staffed office in the United States, American Friends regional consuls have volunteered to be contact persons throughout the United States.
You can find more details about the recent work of the American Friends in their 2018 annual report [PDF, 5.99MB]
You might also be interested in:
- our global network
- support the American friends
- scholarship programme
- the board of the American friends.