Undergraduate Admissions Coordinator x 2 roles Ref: 10374
Department: Admissions Office
Hours: Full-time hours considered up to 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need). The work of Admissions is student-facing and standard office opening hours are 9am to 5pm.
Contract: x 1 permanent contact and x 1 fixed term 2-year
Salary: starting at £24,144 to £27,396 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 03 March 2023
Closing date: 16 March 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of this date.
Expected interview date: to be confirmed
Expected start date: to be confirmed
The University’s central Admissions Office is looking for a helpful, friendly and efficient person to join our Undergraduate Admissions team, supporting the key process of dealing with the full-time undergraduate applications received via UCAS.
The post holder will:
- be responsible for undergraduate applications for a group of subjects;
- work closely with the academic admissions tutors to reach decisions;
- set conditions, issue offers and stay in touch with the applicant through the cycle;
- deal with telephone and email enquiries;
- support the Confirmation and Clearing process in the summer; and
- ensure an excellent student experience (from application to arrival)
This office-based, process-driven role requires someone with good administrative experience, ideally handling large volumes of work and with evidence of close attention to detail. You’ll need good existing knowledge of UCAS, the undergraduate admissions process and familiarity with UK school leaving qualifications. You must have a strong record of excellent ‘customer service’ and enjoy working with people from across the globe. It would also be advantageous to have experience of assessing international qualifications and an understanding of fee classification regulations.
- Please note that the pattern of work in Undergraduate Admissions means there is a holiday embargo for staff during August and some restrictions on leave in September.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
Download job description and person specification Ref 10374 [PDF 150.29KB]
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information.
How to apply
Download our professional services application form - Dec 2020 [DOC 203.00KB] and Personal Details and Equal Opportunities Form [DOC 119.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.