Test Analyst Ref 0567
School/department: IT Services
Hours: full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term until September 2020
Salary: starting at £29,515 and rising to £33,199 per annum, pro rata
Placed on: 7 January 2019
Closing date: 5 February 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: ASAP
The post-holder will be an experienced Technical Test Analyst used to working in a fast paced agile environment.
A technical testing background with hands on experience of data migrations and integration testing plus extensive experience of creating Selenium Automation scripts are prerequisites.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to deadlines whilst delivering quality are essential. The ability to work with and support colleagues who may lack testing experience is also a must.
As a member of the ITS team you will engage with ITS colleagues to support delivery of the Sussex 2025 Strategic Framework and the supporting strategies objectives, whilst embracing the core values of the University.
The role holder will be able to:
- Plan and prepare manual test scripts from business requirements or technical documentation;
- Execute manual tests and log results and defects;
- Create, execute and maintain Selenium automation scripts
- Manage the resolution of defects;
- Establish excellent working relationships with our customers to facilitate user acceptance testing;
- Assist with the development of the test function.
- Have up to 3 years previous experience in a test role;
- Possess an ISEB/ISTQB Testing Foundation certificate;
- Ability to understand technical principles and contribute to the testing of IT solutions and the production of test scripts;
- Ideally have experience of working in the HE sector;
- Be highly motivated with strong organisational skills;
- Have proven experience of working to deadlines;
- Enjoy working as part of a team, but will also be comfortable working independently.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.