Technician (Stores Assistant) Ref 9097
School/department: School of Media, Arts & Humanities / Technical Services
Hours: Part-time hours considered up to a maximum of 29.2 hours per week.
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Core working hours are 9am – 5.30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Salary: starting at £23,144 to £26,396 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 26 July 2022
Closing date: 11 August 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: ASAP
Expected start date: 01/09/2022
The School seeks to appoint a Technician (Stores Assistant) to provide an effective and efficient technical service for staff and students. You will work as part of a team in a busy and energetic department. With a background in, or knowledge of, media/music equipment, you will be expected to-
- Check proper functioning of equipment and correct minor faults.
- Carry out maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of equipment within the equipment store and associated facilities and assist in the planning and operation of the equipment stores and other related media and music facilities.
- Deliver a professional and efficient equipment loans service through clear communication and the following of policies and procedures.
- Assist with general housekeeping, waste management, stock control, ordering and record keeping.
Please contact John Williams, J.S.Williams@sussex.ac.uk, 01273 873434, for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
- Please note that this position may be subject to ATAS clearance if you require visa sponsorship.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.