Student Support Coordinator Ref 7186
School/department: BSMS Student Advice and Wellbeing Team
Hours: Part time or full time hours considered up to 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £22,254 to £25,627 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 20 December 2021
Closing date: 01 February 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: TBC
Expected start date: TBC
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School invites applications for the post of Student Advice and Wellbeing Coordinator.
- Based at the University of Brighton Falmer site, the postholder is part of the School’s Advice and Wellbeing team.
- The postholder will provide a first point of contact triage service via email for students who contact the Advice and Wellbeing Team and is responsible for providing appropriate information and signposting.
- A key part of the job will be organising and scheduling appointments for students with advisers, the Director and Deputy Director of Student Support, occupational health and the Medical School’s professionalism committee.
- The postholder will also be responsible for minuting team meetings, the production of reports on service usage for relevant committees, updating guidance documents.
- The postholder will have responsibility for organizing events and co-delivering talks to students at key points during the year e.g. induction, examination periods
- Applicants should possess excellent IT, communication and organisational skills.
- The post requires a high level of personal responsibility, sensitivity and initiative.
- Knowledge and experience of the ways in which marginalisation affects student wellbeing and a desire to contribute to ensuring the medical school is inclusive and welcoming are essential.
Please contact Helen Quin, firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.