Student Funding Team Leader Ref 6913
School/department: Student Experience / Student Life Team
Hours: full time hours considered up to 1FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £34,304 to £40,927 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 11 October 2021
Closing date: 27 October 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: tbc
Expected start date: November 8th 2021
- The University is seeking to appoint an experienced and motivated Funding Team Leader to take operational leadership of the Student Funding Team within the Student Life Centre
- This is an exciting role for a dynamic individual who is keen to take on challenges and responsibility for a significant area of work for the University
- Candidates must hold up to date, specialist, working knowledge of student funding sources and packages within Higher Education in the UK to include Student Finance rules and Bursary and Hardship administration
- As Destination Point Administrator the role holder will play a pivotal role in the assessment and delivery of US. Federal Loans and will undertake activities to ensure institutional audit compliance for areas of activity that sit within the Student Funding Team
- Candidates must be methodical, thorough and have excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to work independently to develop and deliver projects with significant scope and reach
- Substantial experience of close team working and of leading a specialist team to reach goals and improve performance is essential
- Taking a collaborative approach you will work closely with colleagues across the institution as well as outside agencies and play a key role in the delivery of a pro-active, professional service which contributes to the enhancement of the student experience in line with the University’s strategic objectives.
Please contact Rachel Gould firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a telephone discussion for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information. If you want further advice on sponsorship eligibility please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]
You might also be interested in: