Student Accounts Assistant Manager Ref: 10343
Hours: Full Time hours considered up to 36.5 hours per week.Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need)
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Contract: fixed term until 31st July 2024
Salary: starting at £31,411 to £35,333 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 19 December 2022
Closing date: 26 January 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: to be confirmed
Expected start date: to be confirmed
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the University.
- Manage, promote, and maintain high quality, Professional Services, engendering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead the operational outputs of a small team of individuals.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and University policies, interpreting the same and advising on their practical application.
- Work in partnership with other key stakeholders to ensure seamless service
- Responsibility for the Student Accounts team, providing coaching, development and direction for team members, conduct performance reviews of team members and regular 1 to 1 meetings.
- Responsible for overseeing the US federal loans scheme which will require a knowledge and understanding of how to draw down funds from the US treasury system and ensure compliance with US Department of Education regulations. Perform funding reconciliations to required timescales and put in place a training package to support the Seniors in assisting with this requirement.
- Ensure structures are in place for the timely collection of all outstanding student income, including the student loans company payments, overseeing the financial aspects of graduation.
- Working alongside the Student Accounts Seniors to ensure all students are on the correct fee codes and all fees and rents are successfully invoiced through to students and sponsors.
Please contact Ele Wood, Student Accounts Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.