Senior Postgraduate Admissions Coordinator Ref: 5662
School/department: Admissions Office
Hours: Full or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need). The work of Admissions is student-facing and standard office opening hours are 9am to 5pm.
Salary: starting at £25,941 to £30,046 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 26 March 2021
Closing date: 13 April 2021 Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: w/c 26 April 2021
Expected start date: tbc
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the University.
The University’s central Admissions Office is looking for a helpful, friendly and efficient person to join our Postgraduate Admissions team, supporting the key process of dealing with taught postgraduate and postgraduate research degree applications.
- The post holder will help manage the day-to-day taught postgraduate admissions process, working alongside the other three Senior Postgraduate Admissions Coordinators to ensure the fast, efficient, and fair selection of applicants.
- You will be involved in making and checking decisions and providing advice and guidance for the core team of Admissions Coordinators, as well as Academic Selectors.
- You will take the lead on specific functions within the admissions cycle and will need to help manage and motivate staff to ensure the best experience for applicants (from application to arrival).
- The successful applicant will be highly organised and able to demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to multi-task.
- You will need to be patient, friendly, welcoming and possess excellent communication skills, be computer literate and be able to demonstrate close attention to detail.
- You will need to have office-based, administrative experience, ideally within higher education, and excellent existing experience of postgraduate admissions.
- You will also need a good understanding of UK, other EU and international qualifications, and knowledge of UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and Student visa processes.
- You should have a strong record of excellent ‘customer service’ and enjoy working with people from across the globe.
- It would be helpful if you had some knowledge of fee status classification.
Please contact Sarah Longstaff S.Longstaff@sussex.ac.uk for informal enquiries
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role, you can find further information on our Visa page or contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk to discuss your personal circumstances and whether you meet the criteria
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.