Senior Technician Demonstrator - Ref 9208
Post Title: Senior Technician Demonstrator (Digital)
School/department: Media, Arts & Humanities / Technical Services
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Core working hours are 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary: starting at £27,131 to £31,411 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 03 August 2022
Closing date: 31 August 2022 Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: As soon as possible.
Expected start date: As soon as possible.
The School seeks to appoint a Senior Technician Demonstrator (Digital) to provide an effective and efficient technical service for staff and students. You will work as part of a team in a busy and energetic department. With a strong background in digital and interactive media, you will be expected to:-
- Check proper functioning of equipment and correct minor faults
- Maintain equipment and related facilities such as the digital and VR suites, computer labs and maker space.
- Support the School’s equipment store including administering the online booking system.
- Provide support of teaching and deliver technical demonstrations on associated equipment and facilities.
Please contact John Williams, J.S.Williams@sussex.ac.uk, 01273 873434, for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
- Please note that this position may be subject to ATAS clearance if you require visa sponsorship.”
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.