Senior Postgraduate Admissions Coordinator Ref 10584
School/department: Admissions Office/ Division of Communications, Marketing & Advancement.
Hours: Full time hours considered up to 36.5 hours per week. Staff are able to work remotely up to 50% of their hours. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need). The work of the Admissions team is applicant-facing and office opening hours are 9am to 5pm.
Salary: starting at £27,131 to £31,411 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 19 January 2023
Closing date: 06 February 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of this date.
Expected Interview date: to be confirmed
Expected start date: to be confirmed
The University’s central Admissions Office is looking for a helpful, friendly and efficient person to join our Postgraduate Admissions team, supporting the key process of dealing with taught postgraduate and postgraduate research degree applications.
- The post holder will help manage the day-to-day taught postgraduate admissions process, working alongside the other two Senior Postgraduate Admissions Coordinators to ensure the fast, efficient, and fair selection of applicants.
- You will be involved in making and checking decisions and providing advice and guidance for the core team of Admissions Coordinators, as well as Academic Selectors.
- You will take the lead on specific functions within the admissions cycle and will need to support managing and motivating staff to ensure the best experience for applicants (from application to arrival).
- The successful applicant will be highly organised and able to demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to multi-task.
- You will need to be patient, friendly, welcoming and possess excellent communication skills, be computer literate and be able to demonstrate close attention to detail.
- You will need to have office-based, administrative experience, ideally within higher education, and excellent existing experience of postgraduate admissions.
- You will also need a good understanding of UK, other EU and international qualifications, and knowledge of UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and Student visa processes.
- You should have a strong record of excellent ‘customer service’ and enjoy working with people from across the globe.
- It would be helpful if you had some knowledge of fee status classification.
Please contact Sarah Longstaff S.Longstaff@sussex.ac.uk for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.