Senior Knowledge Exchange Officer Ref 9620
School/department: The School of Life Sciences
Hours: Fulltime – 36.5hrs
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £31,411 per annum to £35,333 per annum
Placed on: 15 September 2022
Closing date: 06 October. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: TBC
Expected start date: TBC
This is an exciting opportunity to join the School of Life Sciences as our Senior Knowledge Exchange Officer. The role holder will:
- Work on a variety of important, externally facing projects with the goal of maximising the impact of Sussex research and expertise in the local community, the economy and wider society.
- Support academic staff with knowledge exchange activity, including public engagement activity, across the school/school group.
- Work closely with the School’s Business Partnerships Manager to maximise the University’s Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF) results through proactively building income-generating relationships between academics and external organisations.
- Represent and champion the school and its world-leading research and expert capability when liaising between external, non-academic organisations (such as businesses, charities and public sector bodies) and the University.
Please contact Nick Bull email@example.com for informal enquiries.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
You might also be interested in: