Senior Finance Business Partner Ref 0673
School/department: Finance Division
Hours: full time. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need)
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 per annum
Placed on: 23 January 2019
Closing date: 13 February 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: February/March 2019
Expected start date: by agreement.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance – Finance Operations the Senior Finance Business Partner will play a key role in developing a new business partnering approach delivering high quality services which enable the University to achieve its strategic priorities at a time of unprecedented change and challenge within the Higher Education sector.
The post-holder will be responsible for :
- Providing assurance to the Deputy Director of Finance , Director of Finance and University leadership team regarding the financial performance, control and risk profile of all areas of responsibility (either a cluster of academic schools or professional service divisions).
- Formulation and delivery of objective and trusted advice to Heads of School, Directors of Professional Services and other senior stakeholders, supporting them in the definition and delivery of financial strategy and other objectives.
- Actively supporting an effective and robust financial control environment delivering VFM for the University in all areas of responsibility.
- Building and improving excellent financial management literacy and practice across the University.
- Diagnosing issues and scope requirements through analysis and effective listening and questioning and assisting senior managers in developing substantive plans to address issues and provide oversight of delivery.
- Leading and developing a small team of qualified finance professionals delivering a high quality and value for money business partnering service.
The post will deputise for the Deputy Director of Finance where required.
How to apply
Full details including how to apply are available from:
Nathan Ascroft, Consultant, Forbes Hunt
0203 196 1921