Senior Research and Communications Administrator Ref 10739
School/department: University of Sussex Business School
Hours: full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Contract: fixed term until April 2027
Salary: starting at £26,341 to £30,497 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 20 January 2023
Closing date: 13 February 2023 Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: TBC
Expected start date: ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new multi-million-pound Research Centre for Inclusive Trade Policy which spans across universities in all four UK nations and comprises scholars from economics, law, business management, politics and international relations. You will play a crucial role supporting the efficient and effective running of the Centre.
You will have responsibility for:
- Day-to-day administration of the Centre for Inclusive Trade Policy (CITP), including its research activities, communications and events.
- Providing editorial support and brand guidance for communications outputs
- Updating and maintain the Centre’s website and social media accounts
- Supporting the coordination of research projects, the monitoring of progress, and the collection of input (including data) for periodic reporting. Supporting the Assistant Manager in maintaining timetables for research activities and keeping accurate records in compliance with GDPR.
- Assisting with the organisation of events, including conferences, workshops and meetings, as well as impact and engagement activities.
Please contact the Research Centre and Communications Manager, Charlotte Humma: C.Humma@sussex.ac.uk for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- "This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information"
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
You might also be interested in: