Scholarships Coordinator Ref 8284 (Fixed term)
Post Title: Scholarships Coordinator
School/department: Admissions Office
Hours: Full time. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: Fixed term (1 year)
Salary: starting at £22,254 to £25,627 per annum
Placed on: 04 April 2022
Closing date: 13 May 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: to be confirmed
Expected start date: May 2022
The University is looking for a friendly, efficient and organised individual to support the work of the Scholarship Office, which is responsible for the promotion, applications, selection and allocation of the University’s centrally funded scholarship provision.
Working with the Scholarships Officer Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational aspects of scholarships administration prior to the student’s arrival at Sussex.
You will deal with enquiries relating to scholarships, support the promotional work of the Scholarships Office, handle scholarship applications, assist with selection of recipients and deal with the communication with applicants throughout the allocation process.
You will also support the scholarships process once the student arrives at Sussex. This includes ensuring prompt payments are made and dealing with questions from recipients.
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent communication skills;
- good administrative experience, ideally in a higher education setting; and
- evidence of excellent customer service.
You must also have:
- evidence of working with very close attention to detail;
- confidence dealing with a range of IT systems; and
- a strong commitment to parity and fairness.
The work is applicant-and-student-facing and standard office opening hours are 9am to 5pm. If you would like to discuss flexible working options, please contact Natasha Stilwell (N.Stilwell@sussex.ac.uk)
Please contact Natasha Stilwell, Scholarships Office Manager, for informal enquiries (01273 873809 or email N.Stilwell@sussex.ac.uk).
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.