Resource Accountant Ref 1890
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 1.0 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £41,526 and rising to £49,553 per annum
Placed on: 05 September 2019
Closing date: 25 September 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: Early October 2019
Expected start date: November 2019
The University of Sussex is a dynamic, innovative, top 50 university. With a campus based in the South Downs National Park but just a few minutes from the city of Brighton and Hove, it provides an excellent working environment in a remarkable setting, combined with all that the city has to offer.
Creative thinking, intellectual challenge and collaborative working are fundamental to a Sussex education and that is reflected in our workplace too. This is an exciting chance to join a team working at the centre of the University.
Within the University’s Finance department, the Corporate Reporting Team is responsible for statutory and regulatory financial returns, budgeting and forecasting for the University Group, income and cost allocations, treasury and tax.
We have an opening for a Resource Accountant. You will play a crucial role in helping to shape our finance capability going forward. We’re looking for a proven finance professional who is technically strong and has the ability to make sound recommendations to the university based on credible managed data.
You will be a confident Excel user; specifically you should be familiar with Activity Based Costing Models.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills as the post will involve persuading and influencing staff from across the University to provide sound financial advice. You will also be required to ensure that the processes operate efficiently and be able to advise senior University management on the strategic use of the data and returns.
- Management of Resource Allocation Model (RAM) which is used to allocate budgets to the Schools of Study within the University
- Management of Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC) and associated data returns.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency Return and other statutory financial returns
- Being an integral part of the team that delivers the Year End Process and Audit and the University’s 5 year financial forecasts
Skills & experience:
- CCAB/CIMA qualified Accountant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at a level appropriate to liaise with senior managers and academic staff
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to a non-financially literate audience
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Advanced IT skills (Excel, able to write reports in standard reporting tools)
For full details and how to apply see our vacancies page
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.