Research and Enterprise Coordinator Ref 6148
School/department: University of Sussex Business School
Hours: Full time considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week.The School is moving to a hybrid working model whereby all Professional Services staff may work remotely up to 50% of the time as standard. Requests for further flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary:Starting at £25,941 to £30,046 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 06 July 2021
Closing date: 26 July 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: ASAP
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the University.
The University of Sussex Business School is seeking an experienced, highly motivated and proactive professional to join its Research Management Team in the key post of Research & Enterprise Coordinator (REC). The School is world-leading in several fields of business and management research, with particular strengths in trade, science policy, innovation, sustainability and energy. The REC plays a central role in organizing, administering and facilitating the School’s research operations.
The post is vital in providing efficient and effective support across a number of research activities, working closely with academic colleagues and others in the Research Management Team and beyond. Key duties include:
- Supporting the Research Manager and Associate Dean (Research) in delivering the School’s Research Strategy.
- Managing the Research Support Team (2.8 FTE) and overseeing research support processes and activities within the School.
- Managing the induction of research staff plus the recruitment and line management of project-funded Professional Services (PS) research posts.
- Overseeing the School’s research pipeline, including new grants and staffing on research projects.
- Maintaining oversight of project-funded research posts – including research fellows and assistants – and actively managing recruitment and contracting issues to ensure continuity of posts and retention of talent.
- Supporting the School’s Research Mobilisation Groups and other research units.
- Assisting with the organization of research-related events, including the School’s annual Research Away Day and similar initiatives.
- Servicing the School’s Research Committee.
- Coordinating the research output review process and preparing materials for submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
You will be enthusiastic, motivated and keen to develop both yourself and the team. An excellent communicator and team player, you will be comfortable working with a range of people and progressing multiple tasks simultaneously. Efficiency and proactivity are crucial; as are attention to detail and a willingness to adapt processes in response to external changes in order to maintain a relevant, high-performing and constantly improving research function.
Please contact Richard Taylor for informal enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role, you can find further information on our Visa page or contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk to discuss your personal circumstances and whether you meet the criteria
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.