Research Development Manager Ref 8596
School/department: Research and Enterprise / Research Development
Hours: full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 1 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary: starting at £34,304 to £40,927 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 20 June 2022
Closing date: 15 July 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: To be confirmed
Applications are invited for this exciting, new, full time post in Research and Enterprise Services, which is responsible for providing professional services and support for the University’s research and enterprise activities.
The post-holder will be based in the Research Development team which provides advice and professional support to the University's academic staff in their pursuit of research and knowledge exchange funding. The focus of this role is to support research-led business engagement, primarily for the STEM schools. This post will work closely with colleagues in the growing Innovation and Business Partnerships team to help deliver the knowledge exchange targets of the Sussex 2025 strategy plan.
The work involves:
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, particularly Innovation and Business Partnerships, to deliver a high-quality professional service
- Advising on the policies and rules of internal and external environment to ensure compliance
- Promoting and supporting funding opportunities and applications
- Supporting and advising on bid development, award acceptance, including complex budgets and contracts, for a wide range of funders
- Managing direct line reports.
You will have a degree or equivalent or be qualified by experience, and have experience preparing bids for funding including project costing experience.
You must be highly numerate and have excellent organisational abilities, a knowledge of the innovation and research funding environment in which universities work, and the interpersonal and communications skills needed to work effectively with the University's academic staff and with external organisations that fund research.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]