Research Assistant in HIV and Social Science Ref: 5209
School/department: Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Global Health and Infection
Hours: full time.Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Contract: fixed term for 18 months
Salary: starting at £30,046 to £33,797 per annum
Placed on: 6 January 2021
Closing date: 3 February 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
The Global Health and Infection Department of the Brighton and Sussex Medical School is looking for a highly motivated research assistant to provide high quality expertise into conducting qualitative methods and analysing qualitative data on patient experiences and perceptions of HIV.
The successful applicant will have:
- An established record of qualitative research experience, preferably in both data collection and analysis;
- Experience of conducting literature synthesis is required, with knowledge of scoping and systematic reviews desirable;
- Applicants must have an MSc or a higher degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. anthropology, sociology, global health, public health);
- The ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Experience in HIV research, advocacy, or support work is desirable.
Informal enquiries about the projects should be directed to Dr Giovanni Villa (email@example.com or Dr Caroline Ackley (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the range of HIV research activity undertaken within BSMS and with the HIV context in Brighton more generally.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.