Research Assistant Ref 20194
School/department: Life Sciences / EBE
Hours: full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 0.4 FTE /15 hours per week.
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Contract: fixed term for 1 year
Salary: starting at £32,411 to £36,333 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 13 March 2023
Closing date: 27 March 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: As soon as possible
- Exciting opportunity to join a fledgling organization focused on encouraging biodiversity, particularly insects, in urban areas.
- The appointee will be responsible for developing and running multiple projects for the Buzz Club https://www.thebuzzclub.uk/ , a citizen science based organization. Buzz Club projects investigate ways to increase biodiversity in gardens.
- Liaising with volunteers and using social media to recruit new volunteers will be important parts of the job.
- The job holder will also be expected gather and analyse data and write reports
Please contact Prof Dave Goulson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for informal enquiries.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
“Please note that this position may be subject to ATAS clearance if you require visa sponsorship.”
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
Download job description and person specification Ref 20194 [PDF 214.23KB]
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- "This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information"
How to apply
Download our professional services application form - Dec 2020 [DOC 203.00KB] and Personal Details and Equal Opportunities Form [DOC 119.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.