Reader in Accounting Ref 10078
School/department: Business School/ Accounting and Finance
Hours: full time considered up to a maximum of 1.0 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Salary: starting at £53,353 to £61,823 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 10 November 2022
Closing date: 10 February 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: 28 February 2023
Expected start date: no later than Sepetember 2023
- The Department of Accounting and Finance is looking to hire a full-time, permanent faculty member at the Reader (equivalent to Associate Professor) level in the area of Accounting. We are looking for an individual with an exciting research agenda and evidence of publication potential in the top journals in Accounting. A specialism in any of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential: sustainable accounting and finance, data analytics, AI applications in accounting, and advanced financial reporting.
- The Accounting Group has a vibrant team of research-active academics who frequently organise research seminars, research collaboratively, and provide a supportive and friendly research culture. The group is embedded in the wider University of Sussex Business School and benefits from the expertise from other research groups in the School, notably around sustainability, economic development, and artificial intelligence.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that their research has publication potential in top level journals. The Department values ‘quality over quantity’ and considers the FT50 list and the CABS journal list as indicative for the quality of the journals. The successful candidate will be an engaged academic who enjoys working in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment and shows enthusiasm for collaborating with colleagues within the department and across disciplines.
- They should have experience in teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level, as well as a preparedness to teach specialist and core subjects.
- For details of the members of the Accounting and Finance Department see: https://www.sussex.ac.uk/business-school/people-and-departments/accounting-and-finance
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
"This role has been assigned an eligible SOC code and meets the salary requirements for Skilled Worker Sponsorship if full time. Please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information about Visa Sponsorship."
How to apply
Download our academic application form [DOC 199.50KB] and Personal Details and Equal Opportunities Form [DOC 119.50KB] and fill in all sections.
Email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.