Projects Finance Assistant Ref 8840
School/department: Finance Division
Hours: Full-time or part-time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week.
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
The role is full-time but a minimum of 0.8 FTE will be considered and up to 50% remote homeworking.
Salary: starting at £27,131 to £31,411 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 03 August 2022
Closing date: 24 August 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: Week commencing 05 September 2022
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the university
The University wishes to recruit a Projects Finance Assistant to perform a range of financial services and tasks to ensure accurate standing data and transactions are maintained to support financial reporting and monitoring services for the University’s £260m capital and infrastructure investment plan.
You will work collaboratively as a member of the Finance capital projects team within Corporate Accounting Services. Reporting to the Central Projects Business Partner, you will:
- Undertake accounting duties, process transactions, provide analysis, information and reconciliation to support financial control of projects and the timely update of financial ledgers.
- Carry out analysis and reporting activities to support the financial management of project budgets, forecasting project expenditure and variance analysis.
- Work collaboratively with the capital projects team to develop management information systems and reporting tools including the University’s Finance system (Agresso/Unit 4) and its IBM financial planning and analytics tool.
Candidates are invited to apply and must have:
- Experience of working in a financial reporting role with AAT or other recognised technical accounting qualification OR
- A minimum 2 years of experience working in a similar role for an organisation of similar size and complexity.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills with the ability to engage and communicate effectively with a variety of people and departments.
- Good collaborator able to work with a variety of people and focus effectively towards achieving common goals and objectives.
- Numerate with good IT skills, a competent excel user and with experience of using financial systems.
Ideally you will have good experience of working in a similar financial projects and reporting setting. You will be familiar with UNIT 4 (Agresso) finance systems and IBM Planning and Analytics tools, although this is non-essential and training will be provided.
Candidates who wish to study for AAT or equivalent qualification are encouraged to apply as are Graduates with degree level education who possess some experience of working in an accounting role. The Finance Division offers study support to candidates with appropriate experience and depending on development needs and the requirements of the post.
Please contact Ben Gutierrez (B.Gutierrez@sussex.ac.uk) for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.