Project Accountant Ref 3146
Hours: full time
Salary: starting at £39,992 and rising to £47,722 per annum
Placed on: 9 May 2018
Closing date: 22 May 2018. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: July 2018
University of Sussex is an internationally renowned Higher Education institution consistently ranked amongst the top 25 in the UK. Situated in rolling parkland on the edge of Brighton, the campus combines award-winning architecture with green open spaces. The University of Sussex offers a great range of staff benefits including access to world-class resources, discounted gym and sports memberships, interest-free season ticket loan and staff activities throughout the year.
We have restructured our Corporate Reporting team in the Finance Division and as such have an exciting opening for a Project Accountant. You will play a crucial role in helping deliver value for money through the application of financial business expertise to all aspects of major capital and strategic projects. We’re looking for a proven finance professional with a track record of working effectively with Project Managers of construction projects.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills as the post will involve persuading and influencing staff from across the University to provide sound financial governance and control on major projects. You will also be required to ensure that the processes operate efficiently and be able to advise senior University management on all financial aspects of the projects.
- Project accountant on major capital, infrastructure and maintenance projects at the University.
- Advise and report on financial, contractual, taxation, business implications and risks at all stages of capital and major strategic projects
- Work closely with and provide support to project boards, internal governance and project services to ensure best financial practice and compliance with University governance requirements
Skills and experience
- A Qualified CCAB accountant, or qualified by experience including project accounting on significant construction projects.
- Experience of producing high quality financial analysis to deadlines
- Ability to apply and uphold governance and controls rigorously in a multi-stakeholder environment
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.