Procurement & Commercial Contracts Officer REF 2245
School/department: Finance - Procurement & Commercial Services
Hours:Full or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 1 FTE
Salary: starting at £33,797 and rising to £40,322 per annum
Placed on: 7 October 2019
Closing date: 25 October 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: TBC
Expected start date: As soon as possible
As part of the continued growth and drive for excellence, the University is seeking a dynamic Procurement professional, to form part of a crucial procurement and commercial team within this unique environment.
The successful candidate will have a strong procurement background, and will also be able to demonstrate knowledge and ideally experience of IT functions in a complex environment. You will demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects with varied levels of complexities and dependencies. Working with the Procurement & Commercial Contracts Manager for IT, you will support a number of initiatives linked to our challenging strategy, Sussex2025.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement & Commercial Services, the successful candidate will:
- Support the development and implementation of strategic procurement and category management plans
- Provide practical procurement guidance (Ensuring compliance with EU legislation);
- Support IT Services to deliver a range of crucial services, including the procurement of a range of systems and services;
- Plan, lead and conduct a range of procurement exercises on behalf of the University;
- Ensure the robust management and ownership of supplier contracts;
- Engage with relevant suppliers and undertake category management activities as required;
- Analyse historic spend data with a view to generating more efficient ways of working;
- Review existing procurement frameworks and suppliers to support a drive for continuous improvement;
- Work with high level stakeholders to support skills development within contracting and procurement activities.
This crucial role will be working closely with Procurement and IT Services. You will play a vital role in delivering value-for-money, strong long-term relationships, excellent buying decisions and minimised risk. The post-holder will support the management of contracts and work with stakeholders to problem solve where necessary.
The University is a large and constantly developing business, highly complex and hugely rewarding in an enviable setting. This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional candidate to determine the evolution of a key function within our business. This rewarding, fast-paced and complex position, will provide challenge and diversity in abundance.
The University of Sussex is a dynamic, innovative, top 20 university. With a campus based in the South Downs National Park but just a few minutes from the city of Brighton and Hove, it provides an excellent working environment in a remarkable setting, combined with all that the city has to offer.
Creative thinking, intellectual challenge and collaborative working are fundamental to a Sussex education and that is reflected in our workplace too. So this is an exciting chance to join a team working at the centre of the University, with a genuine opportunity for career progression.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.