Placements and Engagement Officer Ref 6566
School/department: Student Experience Division – Careers and Entrepreneurship
Hours: Full time or part time hours up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Salary:starting at £26,341 to £30,497 per annum
Placed on: 15 September 2021
Closing date: 11 October 2021 2021. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 19 October 2021
Expected start date: TBC
Steered by the goals of the University’s World Readiness and Employability Strategy, the mission of the Careers and Entrepreneurship Team is for all Sussex students to be ‘world ready’ on graduation. Co-creating with students and colleagues in academic schools, the team delivers engaging careers and entrepreneurship education, alongside a distinctive menu of real world learning opportunities to help students build skills, experience, confidence, and employer connections.
The role of the Placements and Engagement Officer is to help grow the number of real world learning opportunities available to University of Sussex Business School students,and to optimize the engagement of students with these opportunities, which include
placements, internships and consultancy to business. Working with employers, students and staff, you will help to achieve the University’s strategic aim to ensure that, “Every student has the opportunity to experience real world learning”.
• Plan and deliver placement preparation support for Business School students
• Proactively engage with employers to grow the number of work-based opportunities available to students – for example professional placements, internships, and student consultancy (focusing on the preferences and needs of Business School
• Proactively engage with employers to source live business challenges for use in the curriculum (to support the expansion of business-focused experiential learning)
• Maximise engagement of Business School students with all Careers and Entrepreneurship support and opportunities, including the flagship Sussex Career Lab Programme
• Liaise with Business School Marketing colleagues to ensure that the rich and diverse range of real world opportunities available to Business School students is captured and communicated internally and externally
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. If you require visa sponsorship from the University of Sussex to undertake this role please consult our Skilled Worker Visa information page for further information. If you want further advice on sponsorship eligibility please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.