Postgraduate Admissions Coordinator Ref 0374
School/department: Admissions Office (Student Recruitment, Admissions and International
Hours: full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 36.5 hours per week. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need). The work of the Admissions team is applicant-facing and office opening hours are 9am to 5pm.
Contract: fixed term for 3 years
Salary: starting at £21,414 and rising to 24,771 per annum
Placed on: 04 January 2019
Closing date: 17 January 2019. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: week commencing 04 February 2019
Expected start date: TBC
The University’s central Admissions Office is looking for a helpful and friendly individual to join our Postgraduate Taught Admissions team supporting the key process of dealing with applications for masters-level study at Sussex.
The post holder will have responsibility for:
- handling the applications to taught postgraduate courses for a group of subjects
- working closely with academic selectors to reach decisions on the applications and processing offers in an accurate and timely manner
- keeping in touch with applicants throughout the admissions cycle; as well as dealing with telephone, email and in-person enquiries.
This office-based, process-driven role requires someone with:
- very good experience of administrative work, ideally handling large volumes of enquiries and with evidence of close attention to detail
- a strong record of excellent ‘customer service’ who enjoys working with people from across the globe.
Ideally you will have experience of:
- higher education and some existing knowledge of postgraduate admissions
- assessing UK, EU and international qualifications
- an understanding of fee classification regulations.
Please note that the pattern of work in Postgraduate Admissions means there are some holiday restrictions during the summer prior to the start of the academic year.
It is normal to appoint at the first point of the salary scale.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.