Market Research Manager Ref: 9655
School/department: Marketing in the Division of Communication, Marketing and Advancement
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 1 FTE.
Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need). Minimum of 0.7 FTE. Hybrid working 50:50 working from office and home.
Contract: Fixed term 14 months maternity cover
Salary: starting at £35,333 and rising to £42,155 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 13 September 2022
Closing date: 27 September 2022. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: 1 December 2022.
This vacancy is only open to those currently employed by the University
- Are you seeking to further your career in higher education market research?
- The University of Sussex is seeking an experienced market research professional to be part of our market research team.
- You will be part of a small market research team, reporting to the Senior Market Research Manager and responsible for the line management of the Market Research Officer.
- This varied and interesting role provides the opportunity to lead on projects and to work collaboratively with Marketing experts, as well as supporting academics and Professional Services colleagues across the University.
- You’ll work with the Senior Market Research Manager to provide market insights through desk research and analysis, surveys and focus groups and you’ll have opportunities to work on high-profile strategic research.
- You will be responsible to the Senior Market Research Manager for the delivery of agreed market research projects such as the Acceptor/Decliner survey, market and competitor reviews, event evaluation and research to support the development of new courses.
- Excellent analytical skills, initiative, and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, are essential, as is the ability to interpret data and excellent IT skills.
- A relevant degree or equivalent work experience is essential and a recognised qualification in marketing or market research would be desirable.
- Key working relationships include Associate Director of Strategic Marketing, Senior Market Research Manager and Market Research Officer, Marketing Managers, Head of UK Recruitment, Head of International Recruitment, Heads and Deans of Schools and other school staff, Head of Admissions and Head of Planning.
- The Marketing Team is comprised of staff with expertise in CRM, Market Research, Digital and Brand Marketing and Marketing planning and delivery.
- We’re a friendly and professional team who aim to provide a high-quality service to the Academic Schools of the University and other Professional Services. You will be joining us at an exciting time for marketing in higher education and especially for Sussex.
Please contact Holly Hanstock (email@example.com) for informal enquiries
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]